Thursday, February 16, 2012

If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.

Guys, I'm going to write more in this blog. Starting today.

Do you keep track of what the Lord does in your life?

I'm struggeling with some personal things in my life right now that I'm sure I will write about later, but for now I'll just call it that. Personal things. It's a hard season, but I'm growing stronger everyday because of it. God has never let me go through all of this. Never once.

I started keeping track of the many things He has done during this time. There are many I forgot to write down, but I've been using my tablet (it's a Samsung Galexy tab) to put "sticky notes" of specific ways He has taken care of me, answered prayer, and blessed me beyond belief. I look at it and stand in awe of Him.

One afternoon while my son was at school and my daughter was napping, I sat and prayed. It was one of those silent prayers where I just sat and cried out to God, asking him for forgiveness for anything that I've done wrong through all of this, and help for everything that is coming in my near future. I asked him to just please help me to feel it - to know it- to see it----and you know what? I had my Pandora station playing on my computer while I was praying this prayer, and as soon as I finished my sentence speaking to God, the very words I heard were "If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking" (a line from the song How He Loves from David Crowder Band). Here is the song.


God is good to me. He is. Always. Sometimes we just need to be reminded of His grace. It's real. All we need to do is accept it.

Glory to God! 

2 comments:

Angie said...

I'm speechless! (that NEVER happens!) Emily, I will be praying for you, whatever you are going through, it is never too much when you realize that God is carrying you. It is comforting to me as someone who cares that this is the truth you profess. Thanks so much for sharing! (and I can't wait to see all these future posts...hehe, now you HAVE to keep posting!)

OSNOVA said...

Emily, I cannot believe I have {just} found you - your Facebook page, your blog!.. Where have you been hiding?! :))

I love you already! :) I love your designs, I love your testimony. God IS good, and He is faithful, and His loving kindness in unfathomable! Oh, the showers of blessings He's having in store for you, sweet Daughter of the King!!..