Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rocky Road Popsicles


We had SO much fun making these treats! They were pretty easy, and my son had a blast helping me. I got the recipe here .


For some reason the pudding didn't set for me, but I went ahead and poured it in and froze them up anyway, and they tasted fabulous!


While waiting for the pudding to cool, we decorated the craft sticks we used to make the popsicles. We made caterpillars, worms, etc. We even wrote our names on some of them. They are delish!


Recipe:

1 package chocolate cook and serve pudding mix

2 1/2 cups milk

1/2 cup marshmallow creme

12 popsicle sticks (or craft sticks)

12 disposable plastic cups (3 oz. each)


Optional mix ins - we used mini marshmallows, crushed up oreos, and chocolate chips.


In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk. Microwave uncovered, on high, for 4-6 minutes until bubbly and slightly thickened, stirring every two minutes. Cover with plastic wrap (make sure plastic touches the pudding to prevent a film from forming). Cool for about 20 minutes, stirring a few times. Stir marshmallow creme into pudding and set aside.


Start layering your popsicle! We just put a few of the mix ins in the bottom, then added the pudding on the top - since it wouldn't set for me for some reason - I couldn't really do the layering thing.


Freeze and enjoy!

No comments: