Monday, December 28, 2009

Dolls and Pillows

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I sure did, and I'm so thankful for so many things. God is good.

While I was on "break", I worked on some new things. I finally tweaked the doll so she's much cuter, but one pain in the rear end to sew (so my sister the sewer tells me). I may have to make it a little different yet, but for now I think it's ok. I also worked on some personalized pillows for my aunt's grandchildren (my cousins kiddos). They were a lot of fun to make. I just uploaded my designs to http://www.spoonflower.com and got them printed on one yard of fabric. Then I had my sister sew them for me. The backing fabric was really soft white minky. So comfy and cute!
Sorry the pictures aren't any better....but you get the idea.
I made this doll for my niece. It has her name on it! I figure she didn't have a doll with her name so maybe it would be fun and different!?! Anyway, I did this the same way as the pillows...just uploaded my design I drew and created to spoonflower.com and my sister cut, sewed and stuffed her.




The backing fabric is also the white, soft minky. She looks like a happy little doll doesn't she?












3 comments:

RaspberryKidz said...

these are so cute...happy new year! : )

gramma Mel said...

very cute!

Valerie said...

So, so cute! You are a wiz at Spoonflower, I'm so impressed. I will try that one day, but I wish I could take a class from YOU!