Monday, May 16, 2011

Hi all! I'm going to be writing more here now that I *think* my address isn't under some weird name anymore! Something was showing up wrong and I did some behind the scenes work, so I think we're good :).

Last weekend I went to Women of Faith with my good friend, mom and sisters. It was awesome - amazing- uplifting - sad - emotional - and I am so glad I went!

I feel like I need weekends like that about once a month. Ya know? Not once a year. How can I make that happen? :)

A couple of things on my mind and verses I've taken away from the weekend are weighing on me...and when I say "weighing" on me, I don't mean in a bad way. I mean in a powerful, awesome way!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."  - James 1:2-3

I'm going to consider it all JOY. Gonna make some artwork on that soon.

This brave, brave woman spoke. She's been through a mother's worst nightmare. God bless her. She was inspiring to listen to...but it also broke my heart.

I love Sheila Walsh. She told a story I had not heard before. She has always struggled with depression issues, and it was so true when she talked about how we all have issues. No one is "normal", and we've all got something we are going through. Every last one of us! If you are not going through something now, you will be soon, because we know this is Earth, not Heaven. We're going to face trials because God said we would!

The good news? He's already overcome the world! Alleluia!

Oh, and I also turned 30 over the weekend. Yipee!!! I know my 30's are going to be filled with so much happiness. I know it deep in my heart. I'm thanking the Lord in advance for that. :)


Here's a photo of two out of my three sisters (we're on the bottom -I'm in the middle), and my good friends celebrating my birthday! They surprised me....I feel so blessed!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hi Emily, I'm so glad you got that trespasser figured out. It was so strange to see those odd posts in my blog reading list.
Happy belated birthday to you. Yes, the 30s are a wonderful decade of living. You will enjoy it, and be amazed in 10 years when it comes to a close so, so fast!!
x, Val