Sunday, February 6, 2011

I just have to share this super easy and cute Valentines project with you! I found the idea and recipe here. Be sure to check out their site for tons of awesome recipes. I've tried a couple and they are fantastic!
I used store bought pie crust...sometime I'll try it with homemade.
Valentine Pie Pops!

You just roll out the dough and use a small heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the hearts.


Put a small amount of pie filling in the middle. Lay the lollipop stick down in the middle, almost to the top of the heart. Wet the edges and put another heart on top to seal it. Use a fork to press around the edges to make it look really cute (be sure to pinch it closed carefully around the bottom of the stick). Poke a small hole on the top for venting while baking. You can brush butter on the top and sprinkle with sugar too if you want.

Bake at 375 for 15-20min.

They are good.
If you don't have lollipop sticks or just don't want to use them, you can just make little hand pies! So cute. You could stack a bunch and put them in a little brown paper bag, or tie with cellophane and ribbon.

Think of the possibilities - you could use any shape for these for any season!

I think I'm going to make these again for Vday and give them to my son's teacher's at school. Aren't they cute? ;)
*As I'm eating one of these for breakfast this morning (yes, breakfast), I'm realizing they definitely need the glaze from the original recipe here. Hope on over there and check it out!

No comments: