Saturday, February 26, 2011

Homemade Lollipops

I found this idea and recipe here and thought it would be fun to try.


My kids are sucker FREAKS and we had our nephew over for a sleepover, so I figured we'd try them out. I don't have a candy thermometer so they didn't turn out just like they should, but the kids liked them!

I think I needed to leave the syrup in the pan to boil a bit longer and then they would have been thicker. I think I will put a candy thermometer on my ever-growing list of things I need for my kitchen.

My daughter loved them!

So did my nephew.

My son (not pictured) wasn't thrilled with them. He's in a weird picky phase right now. It's a day-t0-day thing with him. He's the kid we have to FORCE to eat everything!

So - here is the recipe:

3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 (3oz) box cherry gelatin dessert *I used berry
Non stick vegetable cooking spray
lollipop sticks


Spray a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (I used foil cause that's all I had) with the cooking spray. Lay the lollipop sticks out on the sheet. In a small pan on medium heat, stir together the sugar, butter and corn syrup until sugar is dissolved. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Continue stirring and heating until the candy thermometer says it has reached 300 degrees F. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin. Using a metal spoon and working quickly, drop spoonfuls of the syrup on the end of each lollipop stick. Cool completely.

It's super easy and fun!

No comments: