Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Teacher Christmas gift

What are you getting (or making) for your kids' teachers? I used this Starbucks glass bottle to make a special container. I haven't decided what I'm putting in it yet though. I made a label approximately sized 1.75in. by 8.5in. to go around it with words about a teacher, and the teacher's name.

I designed a circle for the lid as well. I just sized this one down to fit.


I added a couple of bells and some "rope" and embellished it with ribbon as well. I basically just dug through my craft supply for stuff to put on it :).
My favorite part are these adorable cinnamon ornaments my son made. Here is the recipe for these. Really easy and a lot of fun to make AND decorate!

This could really be done with any glass bottle. I think I'll fill it with hot chocolate mix and marshmallows. I may stuff a little gift card in there too. Not sure yet. Suggestions are welcome!
I hope this gives you some inspiration to work with! I'd love to hear what you are doing for homemade gifts this year.

No comments: