Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thank you so much for your responses everyone! Here are the pears I was telling you about yesterday.
Now, let me explain the idea behind my design process for this theme. When spoonflower announced their contest theme on their blog, they also referenced this blog entry about children's prints. If you glance at it, you'll see that overall they caution choosing prints with too much print, not even white space, etc. The writer likes a certain degree of sophistication in juvenile prints. Now, I realize this is just one opinion, but since they advised us to read this before entering the contest, I'm keeping this in mind for my designs (which, by the way, kind of throws out the "Pink Forest" option don't you think?).
Also, I have many, many prints I could use but they are being used for other projects that don't allow me to use them for this contest. Those others are just out of the question. So, any thoughts on ideas now? I love discussing art :).

1 comment:

Melanie said...

This is just plain absolutely adorable!!!!