Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Using fabric to make bows and flowers--

I came across these really fun tutorials showing how to make these. I have some extra "Tweet Stack" on hand so I just used this design to make the bow and flower you see below. I don't know why, but it was seriously so much fun making these!
Here is where I found the tutorial on how to make these stinking cute bows (by the way, there is a small alligator clip on the back of this one) http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&products_id=3049
My first attempt at a fabric flower - minus fabric scissors and any sewing skills! If you look closely you'll see remains of my glue gun...yup, that's right. I glued that baby together!

I have a big stash of buttons so I chose a couple and, you guessed it, glued them on! Here is the link for the tutorial I found to make these - but I kind of did my own thing and most certainly did not follow the instructions. I didn't use a template either. Oh well, I think it would be cute with some funkier fabric and stuck to a headband, purse, whatever!
http://www.associatedcontent.com/video/14463/video_craft_how_to_make_a_fabric_flower.html?cat=24


Try these! I'm sure all you REAL sewers out there would have a hay day with these. Aren't they fun?

1 comment:

nicole said...

I haven't been to this blog in a while. Everything you do is so adorable. You are so talented! I love all of it!!!!!